Monday, December 3, 2012

Why Blog?



Blog post #3 of 365

Someone recently asked me why people blog. I told him some use a blog like a public journal, while other think they are good at something and want to share their expertise however some just seem like pointless words on a screen. 

I have been a blogger for a few years. I gave it a bit of thought and here are my top five reasons for blogging.

  1.  Blogging gives me a release. A way to vent. For me anyway blogging is therapeutic. It is cheaper than a therapist and is kind of fun most of the time. Most days it is good to get things out there.
  2. Blogging is keyboarding with purpose. I had an accident several years back and the physical therapist said keyboarding every day was a good way to keep the function in my hand. So I do. Blogging isn’t usually just typing randomly, well maybe it is, but it makes me feel like I’m keyboarding for a reason.
  3.  Blogging to inform. Every once in a while I feel like I could teach something, pass on useful tidbits of information or make you laugh at some silly project that may not have turned out as well as I would have liked.
  4. Sometimes I blog to make people wonder and think a little bit.
  5. Mostly I blog because I find it relaxing. I may change my mind after the year has ended so you might want to check in later and see if I’ve changed my mind!
So there you have it the top five reasons I blog.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome reasons! I didn't know that about keyboarding. That's what I'll tell my family! Arthritis therapy! ;)

    ReplyDelete