Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Gifts

Blog Post #32 of 365

I am blessed with much. To some I may have so little they would never understand my gratitude for "all I have" but I have come to understand that there is more to life than things. I have people, I have health (not the best but by far not the worst), I have love, I have compassion, I have wisdom (most days), I have talents, I have shelter and food, I have music, I have laughter, I have books & movies, I have an education, I have a good family and I have the gospel. What more do I need?

This Christmas I went to our family party and while I was there received gifts from my family. I won't list the items I got but some moved me to tears, I got a lump in my throat and will cherish them forever. This year for some of my family money is very tight. I wish I had the capability to make things easier for them but I do not. For these family members they had to think outside of the box. They had to be creative and those are the gifts I will cherish most. Those are always the gifts I will cherish most.

I pray that my family has a better year ahead. I pray they make some good choices and have some good luck but most of all I hope they know how wonderful they are to me. My family is the best gift ever and I wouldn't trade any one of them! I thank the good Lord for the gift of my family at Christmas time all all life long!

No comments:

Post a Comment