Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Frustrations at Changes

Blog post #20 of 365

Some things just don't need an explanation, while others seem to have none.

I was looking at photos this morning and realized that some I understood at a glance either why, where, or when they were taken. Some made me laugh and others made me wonder. Why would anyone take those kind of photos and then post it on a public photo sharing site? I wonder how many people will look back and wonder at their mistakes. Mind you these are photos of people I know and care about. I think they are making a big mistake.

Speaking of mistakes I was looking at the photos on this site because in a few short weeks the policy of the site will change and my private photos become a commodity to the photo sharing site. Which is to say they can sell my photos to whoever they like without permission and without compensating me in any way. The photos could be used for any reason including advertizing. Really not cool? If I wanted to sell my photos I would. My privacy setting will not stop the sales so in a few weeks my account will be deleted and I will not be able to see what my friends have posted. It is a darn shame.

Do I sound a little frustrated? Well I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment