Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Challenge



Blog post # 1 of 365

My friend Katrina is writing 365 blog posts in a year and signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). She seemed to be getting a little overwhelmed. I promised her I would push but kind of felt like I should take the challenge. If I expect my friend to do it then so should I.

My goal is 365 blog posts in roughly 371 days. I also set myself up for writing 50,000 words in the month of January. I would start earlier but I am behind on my Christmas painting so I am waiting until the holidays pass to make myself insane. 

NaNoWriMo is in the month of November. Who are they kidding? November is the beginning of the busiest time of year for families and my friend Katrina has 5 kids and a husband. November NaNoWriMo is kind of a set up for disaster if you ask me. I think NaNoWriMo should start in January, which would make it more like doing a resolution that can actually happen rather than an impossibly difficult chore at a busy family time.

Is starting in January a cop out? Maybe but it is my challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. I should do a 're-do" in Jan with you. Although March is better... depending on when Easter is LOL.
    April, May?
    hahahaha
    2K every day. That's my goal.

    ReplyDelete