Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Wishes

Blog post #31 of 365

My friend writes a blog http://katkommentary.blogspot.com She is the one that challenged me to write every day for a year... well I was pushing her to meet her challenge of one blog post every day and kind of felt like I couldn't say much if I wasn't willing myself so here we are. Anyway it is Christmas eve. (I started 12/1/12 and this is post 31 so yes I am ahead a little but I have another challenge starting 1/1/13, I digress.) Being that is it Christmas eve and I have Christmas on my mind I thought I'd share my wishes which were inspired by a blog post Kat did on Amy Grant's Christmas album. I have to admit I'd never heard it but since she posted the lyrics for Grown Up Christmas List... 

"No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end, oh
This is my grown-up Christmas list"

I loved the lyrics and the wishes are perfect. For years though I have believed that the best wish for anybody is to have enough. To have enough kindness, enough happiness, enough money, enough warmth, enough forgiveness & forgiving, enough laughter, enough food, enough true friends, and enough love to last a lifetime and more. 

Oh I wish I could make evil go away but to do that I would have to take away agency and that is one of the greatest gifts God gave us. So I can't make abuse go away either since I believe things like abuse stem from choices. 

I'd love for there to be no hunger, no homeless, no fear, no sadness, no depression, no disease, no pain but there too I believe those are things that help us grow and teach us to be better humans. Those things help us learn compassion and to love those around us. Or to choose not to and although that may be a shame but it is also a gift.

So my wish this year is for enough, for all of the things spoken of in the Grown Up Christmas List but also for us to pay attention to those around us and try to be as loving and compassionate as we can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment