Monday, December 31, 2012

Friend Quotes New Year's Eve

Blog post #41  of 365
These are the ones that stuck out for me and I figure since next year starts tomorrow I'd post these tonight so I can start the new year off with fresh ones...
"You cannot change those who have no regard for the law by taking away the freedoms of those who do." Kerry H
"I wonder how many people I have looked at in my life and never seen." John Steinbeck (My instant thought was "I wonder how many people I have looked at who did not see me.")
“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey…delays…sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling burst of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” GB Hinkley Via Marian M Q

"If you don't have anything nice to say.... text it instead. That way sensitive ears won't hear." Ashlynn H (She has little ones. This might have been good years ago when my kids were little. then again I remember my family spelled thinking kids wouldn't figure out the code. I was smart then too but texting would have meant I would have had to be next to the screen while they spelled in silence, lol.)
"I just want to bear my testimony of this work. I know it is true. I know I am not wasting my time out here. No matter what others say, I am doing the work of the Lord. He has sent me, and He is my Master. I trust in Him with all my heart. I am so blessed to be here. I know the time is short, and I also know that it was a sacrifice, but it was all worth it. " Elder Reilly H - Braslandia Brazil December 31, 2012
A friend wanted to write a FB post for the end of the year. She said she had nothing... Read on.
"You have all touched my life in different, yet wonderful ways. You have made my year shine with love, a helping hand, laughter, and tears. You shared my sorrows and burdens, and you lightened my load. YOU. ARE. AMAZING! So here's my profound end-of-2012 statement, for what it's worth.

THANK YOU." Karen D (Really nothing too profound to her but to those who read her post it means so much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment