Monday, December 31, 2012

Do Your Research

Blog post # 39 of 365

This is probably not what you expect but this is going to be about movies. One of my favorite past times.

I went to see Les Miserables today. It was exactly what I expected. Russel Crowe's singing wasn't the best but he is still fun to look at. The cinematography was astounding, direction and acting top notch. It was exactly what I expected.

I few days ago I read posts by two friends on Facebook who were so disappointed they walked out. Okay it is rude to the other patrons to walk out of a theater and so I wondered why they thought it was so bad. I looked at their pages and discovered one has not expected a musical. Really this is a remake of Les Miserables and it has been on Broadway. Most of Broadway is musical. As I was looking at the recent posts my friends had made a few mentioned  Les Miserables in posts and had raved about it.

Today the theater was packed (very packed) but ten minutes in a guy walks out. Grumbling about all of the singing as he went. Really do you not research movies or do you pick them blindfolded? I can't see how you wouldn't expect a musical with Les Miserables.

To avoid bothering other movie patrons, wasting your time and money just do a little research. That way you won't find yourself exiting the theater and ticking other people off.

I hope this helps. I know it made me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment