Thursday, July 18, 2013

Talking Uninformed

Blog post #244 of 365

The internet is the perfect place for people to show their complete ignorance, racism or stupidity.

A young friend of mine recently posted a link (http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/55715208108/baseball-fans-super-angry-hispanic-american-superstar) to a bashing session of Marc Anthony singing 'God Bless America' at the MLB All-Star baseball game. She is a Latin American and a huge music fan. The article apparently upset her a lot. I'm not Latin American and I was offended by the remarks probably more so for a different reason than my friend. My outrage is at the ignorance people posted publicly.

It is okay to post in opposition of something if you know what you are talking about. It is okay to be passionate about something if you are informed about it. You also have the right to be intolerant, racist and stupid but you should probably keep those things to yourself.

I usually don't post my opinion(s) on social media sites. That is why I have a blog. I can honestly say here on my blog in the only place I am happy to freely post my opinion(s). If you don't like it you can move on but thank you for your time thus far.

I also try not to be insulted by stupidity. It isn't usually directed at me and usually when it is I just consider the source. So feel free to express yourself but first check your facts and maybe your spelling while you're at it so you don't sound completely stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment