Thursday, July 25, 2013

Forever Family

Blog post #251 of 365

Family is more than the definition found in the dictionary.

A group of individuals of common ancestry. Or a group of people living under the same roof. Or a group of people with common convictions. Or well other definitions that refer more to things than people.

To me family is blood but more than blood. Family is an amazing gift from God. I don't know that we have much say in who our family is before we were born but I'd like to think we have some say in it. Knowing there are challenges in every family I would hope we had some input.

Family is also love. Anyone you love become a bit of family. At least it should be that way. It is for me.

In my religion we believe families are forever. I hope God takes into account more than the blood but the love as well. I think He does.

Maybe you are like me. There are family members who are bad news. Well that is why I foster my relationships with the less toxic family members and all of my friendships. When I get to the place beyond thins life I want to be surrounded by people who I love and those who love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment