Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Physical Therapy

Blog post #242 of 365

I had an accident. Then I had surgery. Now I have physical therapy. (PT for short.)

This isn't my first time in PT. The first visit you are in pain and they have to do measurements, range of motion and whatnot to lay out a plan of action. Then they do.

Some things they ask you to do may seem silly and unrelated to your injury but the old song 'Dem Bones' - "the head bones connected to the neck bone" is very accurate. Then they send you home in more pain than when you arrived and homework to do more stuff that will probably hurt too. That saying no pain no gain kind of applies too. You have to do it every day if you want to get better. Seems simple huh?

This time around I told them up front I had been to therapy before and wanted to get better. Every visit I asked for more to do. I have about a good hour of therapy I do at home every morning and every evening. Well almost every morning and evening. I admit I skipped a workout here and there. Mostly because I was not home to do them or in too much pain to do them. But I still did what I could pain and all.

Lets just say they are pleased with the progress and frankly so am I.

So here is my advice. Do your homework and ask for extra credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment