Saturday, March 9, 2013

Zoos

Blog post #114 of 365

I went to the zoo with Mom and my great niece. We had a blast.

I took photos. I always take photos.

Black neck swans.
Flamingos.
Unicorn.
Elephant.
Cement camel.
Giraffe
Posed for me.
More than once.
Came in for close ups.
Really close up.
She found her name.
We loved the baby.
He posed too. 
Kevin?
Koala in the bushes.
Zebras were kind of social too.
More stuff to pose on.
As you probably noticed we met a few new friends and had a bunch of fun. Now normally I detest zoo photos. A bunch of bad shots from far away of bored looking animals. As you can see I love taking photos of family and I got a few fairly good animal shots too. This was my niece's first time going to the zoo. She loved it! So did we.

I normally go to the zoo often. Took my kids regularly. Like once a month for years. They loved it every time. Every time we went a different animal would show off or hide. We always managed to find one in mating season. This time gray monitor lizards. Seriously I could miss that once. 

I have been to zoos in 6 different states and more than one in California. I have seen babies born. The giraffe was the best birth. A six foot drop! Bam welcome to life. He got right up and walked. Then spent time bonding with his mom. Touched my heart forever. At the Gentry Zoo in Arkansas my kids got to hold baby tigers and lions. 

There is always something fun to see. A critter to watch. If it has been a while for you or if you have never been I strongly suggest you give it a try. 



No comments:

Post a Comment