Sunday, March 24, 2013

Expectations

Blog post 129 of 365

We roam this life with expectations. We can help it. Pop quiz? Our brain scrambles to remember the chapter or lecture. Church? God, spirituality or something similar. School? Learning, boredom, friends, recess, lunch, text books, chalk or maybe now dry erase boards. Family? Love, arguments, laughter, or drama. Seasons? colors, leaves, flowers, crops, allergies. The lists go on.

Our experiences add to our expectations.

I like to believe I walk into situations with an open mind but I have discovered that in doing so I may also be setting myself up for failures. Our experiences build on each other. They make us stronger and wiser. An open mind is always good but keeping in mind our past can also help us gain so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment