Saturday, March 2, 2013

Playing

Blog post #107 of 365

Playing. I think everybody should take a little time every day to play. To be silly. To do something with no other purpose than just for fun.

Sometimes life has a way of getting way too busy. Don't let it stop you. No really, make time for yourself.

This last week I've had a guest in our home. She is seven and so I have had to play. No I take that back I have had the opportunity to join in with her play. I have had to keep her on track responsibility wise but she has given me the gift of silliness and play in exchange. I think it is a pretty good exchange.

Every day is a new adventure. I have stuff I have to do. She has stuff she needs to do. Yesterday we planted grass seed and spread manure. She did some homework and I did tons of laundry but when we were done with the grown up stuff we went to a kids museum. We had fun. I had fun. She had fun. Our interests were very different but we both managed to be entertained and learn some stuff too. It is a science museum so learning is kind of part of the fun.

While we were there...
 She dug up fossils.
Little ones and big ones.

 We learned about Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches.
She Got a chance to pet it
.                                                                                                                    

She liked the meteorite.
 We checked out what the earths layers might look like.
 She climbed the giant ant hole.

 Met some new friends. 
Did some painting.
 Climbed a 'raindrop' tower.
 And she played with electricity

We also learned about physics by playing with levers, pulleys, a fan and a ton of balls. She probably had more fun playing and probably didn't learn as much as she could if she was older but it was still fun.

I encourage you to figure out ways to put fun back into your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment