Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Trash

Blog post #186 of 365

 Trash like dishes is one of those chores that is never done.

Everything we do makes waste. We can't avoid it.

I have been a recycler since I was a kid. I turned in my soda pop bottles for a nickle and then went two doors down to get a scoop of Thrifty's ice cream. That was the best kind of recycling. Something in it for everyone.

I love the way we dispose of trash now. I have three separate cans. One for yard waste. Grass trimmings, tree trimmings, flowers that died, weeds, pretty much anything that grows with few exceptions. I believe they mulch it up and put it to good use. One can id for recycling. Anything glass, metal and paper goes in there. If we are wise consumers most of our 'trash' should go into one of these two cans. The third is for waste. Things that are too 'dirty' (read greasy) or processed to go into recycling.

There is a movement toward living a reusable life. I like that philosophy.


No comments:

Post a Comment