Thursday, May 2, 2013

Route 66

Blog post #167 of 365

I never realized the fame of route 66. I've always lived near it.I know the United States has celebrated it. There are car shows centered around it. I mean it is a cool part of American transportation history.

My new Aussie brother in law made his first trip to the states and one of the things he wanted to do was see and ride down a part of route 66. The first day here just hours after arriving we were on our way to another brother in laws funeral and we for about a mile drove down route 66. Who knew how easy it would be to fulfill an American goal. We later hit other areas of route 66. I'm not sure he realized the next few brief drives on the historic route.

Anyhow after he left my sister and I went to Outback Steakhouse and while out front noticed this...













Then while waiting in line for a ride at California Adventure I took this photo of my sister.

I'll be sure to take her husband to these hot spots when he returns one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment