Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oh My Goodness Enough Already!

Blog post #170 of 365

I was looking at Facebook this morning and I can't tell you how disgusted I am. There were about twelve or thirteen posts of 'shared' photos of abused children and animals. Many claimed that somehow by sharing or liking these awful images money would be donated to stop this kind of abuse. Well I don't see how. Facebook doesn't give money to these causes and who else does. I mean there is no corporate sponsor of any kind.

Passing on these images only stirs emotions and not all of those emotions are good or productive.

The people who do these kinds of things are not affected by sharing the photos. They aren't going to stop. The money wouldn't be going to the care of abused child or animal. So what is the point? Why exploit the already damaged child or animal?

Some of them aren't asking for money but state if you are against child/animal abuse share or like this image. Really who is for animal or child abuse. Those who perpetrate these crimes usually don't consider themselves criminals anyway. How does this help anyone?

I guess for me I have seen enough of this crap in my world. I do not need more shoved in my face. I get these people think they are advocates by pushing the share/like buttons. For crying out loud if you want to make a difference get off the couch and volunteer at a domestic violence shelter, animal shelter, child abuse hotline or some other worthwhile productive place.

Whining isn't helping anybody. Exploiting the exploited isn't helpful. Enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment