Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Potty Mouth

Blog post #178 of 365

I have been known from time to time to have a potty mouth. I can blame growing up in a home with one parent who cussed a blue streak. I can blame the jobs I've had that fostered an ever broader vocabulary. I can blame habit at this point but the truth is I try hard not to have a potty mouth. I slip. I'm human.

Gordon B. Hinkley once said, "Stay out of the gutter in your conversation. Foul talk defiles the man who speaks it." Cussing isn't cool. It makes the user look unintelligent. Makes the listener wonder if you can't find a more appropriate word because you don't know one. Thus defiling the speaker. Gordon was a smart little dude!

I think the worst part is each generation gets worse and worse about using proper language. The media compounds the problem.

How about if we try really hard to use our words, lift up our vocabulary and leave the cussing to the gutter and lead the next generation by example? I'm game if you're game!





No comments:

Post a Comment