Saturday, May 18, 2013

Birthday Confusion

Blog post #182 of 365

My sister and three of her kids live across the international date line. So today it is tomorrow there.

Ever since the move I have been in a state of confusion. They were all born in the United States. They all have their American citizenship. Two have dual citizenship while the others are just American.

Come birthday time Mom always asks me to send birthday wishes from both of us. So the question is to we celebrate on the US birthday or on the AU birthday? Mom says they were born here we live here so we should celebrate on the day here. But I always feel like the greeting is late since there it would be the day after.

So do you see my dilemma?

Today is my sister's birthday there. But it isn't her birthday here until tomorrow... *sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment