Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Flowers...

Blog post #172 of 365

Flowers are beautiful.

I have two very good friends who have florist shops. They make their living selling flowers, flower arrangements, corsages and all flower related stuff. They are both amazing at what they do. Admittedly I can't afford to purchase an arrangement from either one but I love the photos they post online. Oops I went off on a tangent.

This entry is about not falling back on flowers. I love getting flowers (the ones I'm not allergic to anyway.) What I do not want it flowers in lieu of a thoughtful gift. I like flowers because, just because. I don't want flowers, for my birthday, anniversary, mother's day, Christmas, Easter or any other 'special' day and especially not on my grave. Please do not visit my grave and lay a bunch of cut flowers there. I'm not there. I have moved on to hopefully gather with others who have passed on and are waiting to reunite.

If you love me you will give me the cash or buy me a thoughtful gift on gift giving occasions. I don't want something to look at, that I am probably allergic to and will be dead in a few days. What a waste of money! Sorry Bobby and Jenny but it is how I feel.

Seriously if you insist on flora then give me a plant or a tree. Not some flowering bush but something that will give back. Give me some herbs, fruit or veggie plant or tree. I love grapes... Or how about berries, they have lovely flowers then I get to eat sweet berries! There is no waste and I will love it until it dies or I do.

I am practical. I love practical gifts. But every once in a while just for the heck of it I like flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment