Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sweet Stolen Words

Blog post # 46 of 365

I am a very visual person. I see words in my mind. One word can conjurer up an entire picture. If I close my eyes and think of a word a whole picture will spring in there with it sometimes a whole string of pictures. Like 'spring' for instance. At first thought I see the rusty springs popping out of the concrete slab up by falling springs lodge when I was a kid. All very humorous. The next picture the little creek or spring we passed walking to the rusty springs. Then Tigger, friend of Pooh Bear. Then bare branches with tiny fresh leaves beginning to coat the world in a festive green and little buds about to become a field of flowers. All of that from the word spring. All I had to do was close my eyes for a second. My fingers itch to draw, paint or photograph every picture in my head.

I believe the tendency for me to be visual is why I enjoy reading. I can see the story. I can feel the words. So when I discover a new author I get excited. Even an old author I have newly discovered it thrills me to read on.

Recently I found Tyler Knott Gregson. His words paint beautiful pictures in my hear. They evoke emotion. They draw passion. A quality I adore.

Here is an excerpt of just a few stolen words from Mr Gregson.

"... all we have is always more than we need and there will always be something left to spare." ... "I will never stop falling in love with the way you find your way through days and the grace in which you absorb the sky at night..." Tyler Knott Gregson

Did you see it? Did you feel it?

I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment