Monday, January 7, 2013

Stamps

Blog post #48 of 365

I love stamps. You know those old fashioned things you put on an envelope and for now the USPS will deliver it right to your mailbox. I love those. I have a ton in a drawer. Well not because I love them in a collector kind of way but because the prices change and for a long time they were always flags I have like five kinds of flag stamps. then there is the not wanting to put five stamps on the make the exact right postage. I may have that drawer of stamps for a very long time. Maybe then they will be worth something. I am grateful for forever stamps. One price forever. I just found out international stamps will be forever soon too. Maybe after the prices go up I'll find my missing international stamps.

Actually I love mail. Not bills or that incessant barrage of junk mail and advertisements but real mail. Letters and card from friends. E=cards came into fashion and worse a post on Facebook or Myspace or Google. When I get mail. The real kind meant for me, addressed to me I am excited. It means someone thought enough to put pen to paper of choose a card for me! No it isn't the price of the card or the price of the stamp it is the effort that goes into giving in that way.

They have tons of stamps. Most recently I have been getting Disney stamps. I send cards and notes to people I love for their birthdays, Christmas and for special occasions like weddings or baby congratulations. My favorite though is to just sent the because I was thinking of you note. The ones just because is more important that the remembering of a birthday. It means I am loved just to be loved.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment