Tuesday, January 22, 2013

More About Perspective

Blog post # 64 of 365

I have written on perspective before but I have a few things on my mind...

My friend Jenny lost a child last year. She and I both have a strong belief life does not end with death on earth. She is pregnant again and is blogging about the experience. I love her weekly updates. This week she made me weep. Her perspective on the loss of a child and the anticipation of a new child is awe inspiring to me. "How special she (her new baby girl) must be to have a brother love her and us so much that he would trade her places."

On a different note. I posted photos of my new niece. Nine days old today. Her mommy disputed how old she was because she didn't count the day she was born. She tried telling me "Doctors don't count the day a baby is born." Well if she needs to be right at all costs then I guess she can make stuff up as as she goes. My perspective is if you are not able to acknowledge a mistake makes it an even a bigger mistake. I just let it drop. In my perspective that is the best way to go in these situations.

Both examples help give me a better view of the world and where I fit in it. Blessed by some and confused by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment