Thursday, January 24, 2013

Balcony

Blog post #67 of 365
 
I remember when every movie theater had a balcony. When I was very young I always wanted to sit up there. It was high up and dark and I guess for a kid a little mysterious. I never did get to sit in the balcony. My grandchildren will probably never experience a movie balcony what with all of the stadium seating available today

Recently I have done some self evaluation. I have paid extra attention to my life, who is in it and why they are here. I asked myself a few important questions like; Which people lift and which people lean? Which people encourage and which ones discourage? Which are on a path of growth and which are stagnant? Who am I sad to part with and who do I want to run from? Who appreciates me? Who shows kindness? Who really tries to get to know me and allows me the know them?

Who tries to understand me and my faults and quirks and loves me anyway? I want a quality audience. One that will respect me and foster peace in my soul. I want friends and family who continue to grow and appreciate me for me. I have come to some conclusions I am happy to share.
 
My life is mine. The beauty is I get to pick the audience. Some are chosen by birth while others by choice. Not everyone gets a front row seat. Some I would rather love from afar while others I want closer. Those are the people who will receive more attention and love from me. I get so much more done when I'm not pulled into the drama of others. There are people I love who will, if I were to let them just drain the happy right out of me. Those are the people who I will try to keep at arms length. I will not dispose of them. I will not turn my back on them. However those are the people that can sit in the balcony of my life.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment