Thursday, January 24, 2013

Smiling

Blog post #68 of 365

I remember years ago a bumper sticker that read: Smile it will make everyone wonder what you've been up to. Well I smiled every time I read it. Not because I wanted to make people wonder but because I found it funny and I like to smile.

Admittedly I do not smile all of the time. I've been told I often look contemplative or serious. I think that may be true and I am often contemplative. There isn't anything wrong with being contemplative or serious.

My normal tendency is to smile at friends and strangers alike. I believe a smile is contagious. Smiling always makes me feel better. Well for a little while anyway.

I smile because I am thankful for all of the gifts God has given me and I recognize them all as gifts. I also smile when I am happy, when something is funny, and when I want to brighten someone's day. I can find a million reasons to smile so I do.

Some nights I might wonder why my face hurts. Then I remember how good the day was and how much I smiled. I think we should smile so much that our face no longer hurts from the effort. Imagine how wonderful the world would be if everyone just found happiness in the daily life they live and passed that happy feeling on to everyone around them?

I hope someone or something helps put a smile on your face today. Even if only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment