Friday, August 30, 2013

PT Ends

Blog post #286 of 365

I have been going to physical therapy twice a week for several weeks. Twenty four visits all together. When I started I was using a walker pretty much full time I could barely do any real exercises and begged them to give me a home exercise plan. I pushed myself.

Through the experience I worked mostly with Zack but a few days with Stevie and one day with Bernard who never spoke to me. I loved seeing the progress and feeling stronger and better. I still ice now and then and have a little pain here and there. I can't do some of the thing I did prior to the accident. It frustrates me and makes me a little sad. Part of me wishes I could go to PT until everything is right again but it isn't going to happen.

As I finish up I wonder how many people do not follow through? Who would not do the work out at home? I wonder how much pain they are in? I wonder how much longer they will try before they give up? But I wonder too will my pain increase? Will I do everything in my power to get even better?

While in therapy I met the dedicated and the lazy. I saw quick progress and the slow progress. I can see who works at home and who expects miracles without the work. I also see how working toward a goal has helped me make progress but I fear I will never jump the last hurtle and I fear the residual pain. In the meanwhile I'll keep praying for miracles.

Thank you to my therapist Charles and to his assistants Zack and Stevie and to Ingrid who did her magic to schedule me as best she could at the times I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment