Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Excerpts

Blog post 284 of 365

The following are excerpts from http://chloeofthemountain.com/. They apply to me so read on if you're interested.

"Just because your son masquerades around as a grown man your heart doesn't recognize him for the little boy he'll always be."

"My son marches to the beat of a different drummer. (And, just between you and me, if I ever find that damned drummer I'm going to beat him to death with his own drumsticks.)"

"It takes guts to stand on your own as a man today and take responsibility for your own life. And it takes guts (and possibly a lot of red wine and Xanax) to be the mother of such a man. I've learned the hard way that it is best to just look at him and sigh, and know we love each other. Forever."

While I don't agree with the wine and Xanax I do believe it never gets any easier. You will always be a parent of that masquerading grown man.

I guess motherhood and sons are universal.


No comments:

Post a Comment