Saturday, August 10, 2013

Aging But Useful and Beautiful In My Own Ways

Blog post #266 of 365

I have seen this a few times and wanted to pass it on.
written a bit ago...........touches me some- hope it does you too


In its early years this barn stood tall and straight…..each board fastened tightly to its frame…..the roof held back the snow and rain fer many a year…..critters and people seekin its safe shelter from the storms that blew through this land….it served many a purpose in its years….was a place that many a birth took place in….treasures stored by those who knew they would be safe somewhere buried inside….overtime things changed…..the boards now showing signs of agin….loose and warped they no longer provide all the shelter that they once did….the roof now letting in the rain and snow that it fought so hard to keep out all those years….the barn still eager to do what it used to do but now struggles to hold its own…..it’s beauty still there for those who take the time to look past the grayin boards and thinning roof….I look at that barn as if I am looking into a mirror….knowing how it feels ….its strength still there although no one would believe it…..our lives are much like that barn….although older and worn…..bent and twisted….although not as beautiful as when younger…..still able to shelter those who seek it’s shelter….still able to hide the treasures if asked to hide them…..still there to run to for the wisdom that can only be found in places of age….food for thought I’d say…..*tips hat*

 Ned Logan…..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ned-Logan/530732966955281?ref=hl













Years ago this Barn was tall and straight. The roof held in snow, wind, and rain. The walls kept the things inside safe and dry. It was a safe shelter for critters, things, and sometimes people. Many a birth took place here along with a death or two. Treasures were stored here. Sometimes secrets buried too. With time things changed. Boards aged, sagged, warped, weathered, and became loose. The roof not so tight let in a few drops of rain here and there. The barn no longer the safest shelter from the storm it once was.

The barn now struggles to do the job it once did. Still eager to hold its own it stand there.

For those who take the time to look past the graying wood and thinning roof there is beauty to be seen, a story to tell, and a life of service. Sometimes looking in the mirror I know how the barn feels. The will is still there. I have strength to give but I am twisted and bent. I see the sagging skin and wrinkles of time but I earned each one and I am okay with them. Not proud just content. I may not be as strong or as beautiful as I was in my youth but I am strong in different ways. I will hold your treasures. I will keep your secrets. I will shelter you when you need me. I will hold you tight when you ask. I have the wisdom found in places of age.      


No comments:

Post a Comment