Sunday, August 11, 2013

Me Annoying? Maybe...

Blog post #267 of 365

If you ask my kids they'd probably tell you I am annoying. I take too many photos at family gatherings and events. I want to know how things are going with them, since they're all out on their own for the most part. I want photos of the ones I hardly see. I order food the way I want it and have them fix it when it isn't the way I ordered. I expect you to do what you say you will do. I am curious so I ask questions. I ask for someone to clean a table at a fast food place when they are all covered in sticky or gooey mess. Oh and the list goes on.

What I do know is there are much more annoying people than me.

People who do things and never consider how their actions make more work for people. Like picking up your trash when you leave the theater or when you drop it on the ground. Or picking up items in the store and not putting them back where you found them, they way you found them. Or leaving your mess on the table at the fast food place. People can be inconsiderate pigs.

People who see you there but act as if you don't exist. As you enter a customer service counter, enter a restaurant, come to a check out stand with the light on but nobody there, at the concession stand at a movie. But the ones that really get me are the little groups of people that gather after church or school gathers that are your 'friends' but don't include you in the conversation or talk over you as if you didn't speak.

People who are right fighters. I have learned to pick my battles but there are some who want to argue no matter what. Being wrong isn't the end of the world.

People who give away the plot to a movie, book, TV show, ball game etc. Really NOT cool!

People who incessantly talk about their spouse, significant other, child, grandchild, or pet as if the world revolved around them.

People who can't be bothered to answer the phone, return the call if they are busy and this includes texts. I asked for a reason, please be courteous and respond.

And do not get angry when I order a rare steak and expect pink in the middle! I will send it back.

You probably have your own list of annoyances but these are mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment