Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Great Old Buildings

Blog post #207 of 365

I love old buildings. (Again no credit, if you know who please comment. I want to give credit where credit is due.)



Don't get me wrong I love new buildings too but they never seem to have the attention to detail that was so much harder to do back then yet still done with pride. Today more attention seems to be on making it sleek or modern or efficient. I love efficient but not so much a fan of modern.

They are opening the Metro line through Monrovia. The old train station was a beautiful building and they are working on it as opposed to building new.
  It have been vandalized over the years.

I hope when they finish they restore its character.

If I were to be an architect I would really try to combine a little whimsy with efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment