Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Easy Nutty Chocolate Pie

Blog post #199 of 365

I love my daughter. I have nut allergies so I use a slightly different version. I'm still experimenting but here is her version.

What you'll need:
Chocolate graham cracker crust or Oreo crust
8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
2/3 Nutella
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 tub Cool Whip defrosted

What you'll do:
Beat cream cheese, Nutella and vanilla until well blended. With a rubber spatula fold 1/2 to 3/4 of the tub of Cool Whip into the mixture until blended but do NOT over mix. (A rubber spatula works best.) Spread the mixture in the pie crust and top with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.

Mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top make just the right touch of extra chocolate flavor. Dark chocolate is always a healthier choice but use the kind you like best.


No comments:

Post a Comment