Saturday, June 15, 2013

California Adventure

Blog post #210 of 365

I am now in love with California Adventure!

I have always like CA but to be honest I never thought it was worth spending the money for a second park. It had a few things to do but not enough... My favorite is and always has been the Soaring Across California. It is an tour by 'air' so to speak. Really gorgeous with a few hints of the beach, pine and citrus and you 'fly' over those types of terrain. I love it. Then there is a very cool river rafting ride. Both are a blast for me.

Well this year my sister came to visit after moving away 22 years ago. She had never even heard of California Adventure. Oh my! So she needed to see it. That meant I finally went back after not going for a while. Lets just say it has changed, a lot!

There is a sharp shooting ride based on Toy Story that is much like the sharp shooting ride Toy Story themed ride at Disney but I like the CA ride so much more. Really I'd do that one over and over because it is just so much fun. Skill oriented rides are a blast for me, although Kyle always wins...



But the best part hands down is Cars Land. Square dancing tractors.
 I did ride that one over and over. 

So darn cute don't you think?

Air floating bumper cars that don't jolt you like you've been hit (okay I don't really have good control in them but they are cool on a hot day for sure. Note to self bring a sweater this fall.) Sorry no photos. 

And finally Radiator Springs 'racing' which can't be passed up. 


It took hours to wait in line but I imagine that wait will calm down dramatically eventually. There were entertaining things to look at through the line though so it wasn't awful. And they had drinks and goodies available as we waited... for a price!

But really my mom adored the smooth feeling race with characters you know and love.

 They have a "petting zoo"with one pet pictured below.

 Kyle and I Recently returned and we spent three quarters of our time on the Toy Story and Cars Land rides! They really are that much fun. I promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment