Friday, June 28, 2013

Fulfilled Life

Blog post #224 of 365

A fulfilled life is not the same as a full life. Much the same as a busy day is not the same as a productive day.

My days are mostly busy. Busy doing busy work.

Some days that are not the most busy turn out to be the most productive. I know it may sound a little impossible but keeping busy and being productive are not the same.

I prefer productive days to just busy for the sake of busy days. I also prefer creative days to any other kind of day. Creative days are usually completely productive at some level.

I rarely have time to volunteer outside of my family obligations which are in part volunteer work but somehow not as fulfilling as going outside and reaching my community, schools, church. I do what I can when I can. These days just a few hours each month in a food bank. I have done so much more in the past and maybe one day I'll have the opportunity to do more.

For me a fulfilling life is going to leave a positive mark on the world even if it is just on my family. I will in part leave proof (beyond my children and grandchildren) that I was here. My goal is to hopefully to have made a positive difference in any way even if it is simply some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment