Monday, December 30, 2013

Nobody Is Perfect

Blog post #399 of 365

I hope this link stays up and that you can watch this because it moves me every time I see it.

http://www.realfarmacy.com/because-who-is-perfect/

I grew up with a disabled uncle who was put in a home after my grandmother passed away. He was an adult by then . When I would go see he he was always grateful. I took my grandfather to see him and he always lit up at his arrival no matter how much time passed. My uncle was unable to take care of himself. He spoke only a few words and eventually lost those. That experience helped me to accept everyone for who they are and to know looks are superficial.

Later when I was going to school I volunteered in my community with developmentally delayed adults. I brought my kids. They learned everyone has something to give. I hope one day their kids will understand as well.

The folks in this video only appeared to have physical malformation. It was a bit sad when she said it was hard to look in the mirror. How much of that identity did the outside world place there with its artificial perfection depicted in TV, movies and print? It really makes me think we could do so much better because nobody is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment