Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas For All

Blog post #390 of 365

Recently I have been thinking about political correctness and how wrong it can be.

Several years ago some schools in the Bible belt deemed Halloween a pagan celebration and refuse to allow such celebrations in school. And non-Christians have decided Christmas should not be allowed. Sad but true. It seems like everyone is trying to be heard by stepping on or restricting the beliefs of others.

Well this year I have noticed there is a new trend. Non Christians celebrating Christmas. Some I asked said it is because Christmas has strayed too far from its Christian roots while others said it matters not that is began as a Christian holiday it has become a season of giving.

Oh my goodness. I have always believed Christmas is about giving and gratitude. Yes is Christmas is way too commercialized but I believe at the core giving and gratitude are two of the greatest lessons a human can learn.

I am a Christian. A Mormon to be exact so for me it is nice  to remember the birth of Christ this time of year too. But if you atheists, agnostics, Jewish and other non Christian believers what to celebrate the Christmas season for whatever reason you choose I say more power to ya! And Merry Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment