Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

Blog post #397 of 365

I always wanted to make scratch shortbread cookies. These look yummy and after I finish my Christmas painting I'll make some. I know I should be done but I'm not.

What you'll need:
1 cup butter (room temp)
1/2  cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla (don't be cheap, use the good stuff)
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

What you'll do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
Cream together sugar and butter then use a mixer until fluffy
Mix in cornstarch, flour, and salt
Add vanilla, cranberries and chocolate chips until well combined
place balls of dough on prepared cookie sheet and press down into a disc shape
Bake for 15-18 minutes until the bottoms are lightly golden brown
Remove from oven
Cool cookies on a cooling rack
Store in an airtight container


No comments:

Post a Comment