Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mo Mo

Blog post #387 of 365

Today my daughter turns 25. I'm just a little surprised by it. I mean I knew one day well this day was coming but I am ever grateful for every singe day this girl lives and breathes. She was a long awaited daughter #4 of my 5. Her brother couldn't say her name so she became Mo Mo.

Shortly after she was born I noticed her breathing was irregular. Within an hour she was whisked off to a hospital with a neonatal intensive care unit. Her first two years were crucial and I held my breath. The doctors kept close tabs on her as did I.

She was beautiful then and is more beautiful with each passing day. I imagine every mom thinks their kid is handsome or beautiful but by societies standards she is a beautiful girl. Tall, thin, exotic (read Greek), with gorgeous green eyes and dark hair.

She is on her own now. As it should be I guess but in all honesty I worry more about her now than I did in those first few years. She doesn't see herself as the world sees her. Somehow I feel like I have failed as a mom to instill in her the confidence she should have. Lets face it the world loves pretty people. They can have the world at their feet. But she is better in some ways because she works hard at everything she does but still I worry. I guess it is what parents do.

Happy birthday Mo Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment