Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Making the Most of Shared Memories

Blog post #388 of 365

Sixteen years ago yesterday I was electrocuted. The damage lingers still.

As a result I have limited feeling in my right hand and hardly any in my fingers. I have hypersensitivity in my right foot. I am the conductor of unwanted electricity. I shock myself every day just by doing normal stuff. The lips (going in for a kiss) is particularly uncomfortable. I have wicked memory issues. Mostly short term and it bites.

One day I want to reach out and touch something and trust what I feel is real without a shock. It has been many years so I think my neurologist might be right and it is as good as it will ever be but I can hope.

If you read yesterdays post you know it happened on my daughter's birthday. What a way to put a damper on a day that should be celebrated. So about 15.5 years ago I decided that I would celebrate both. I would embrace the difficult first years of my daughter's life and my survival to raise her and her siblings to adulthood.

Yay us!


No comments:

Post a Comment