Monday, October 21, 2013

The Path

Blog post #338 of 365

Every individual walks a path. Every decision influences the path. Not just the direction but the kind of path. Will it be up hill, smooth, rough, winding, fast, slow or any other variation?

When I had kids I prayed they would make a good path. Avoid mistakes I made. Walk a different route than I have. I want their path to be stronger than mine, easier than mine, and go further than I could ever dream.

As I watched them grow through their younger years I was for the most part pleased with choices they made and the direction they were headed but I had in part some influence on where they were headed. They are all grown now. They make their own decisions without any influence from me. It scares the daylights out of me.

In all honesty I feel like they will turn out alright. Not because of me, more like in spite of me. I know at times I held on too tight. I know there were times I could have done so much better but I did the best I could with the tools I had.

I still pray for them every day. I pray they make good decisions. I pray for their health, strength, & safety but mostly I pray they will one day look back on their path and be happy with their journey and with where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment