Friday, October 18, 2013

Fashion Fan

Blog post #335 of 365

I was going to title this one fashionista but that word bugs me... I am totally not into fashion as a general rule. I don't care what is trendy or out of fashion. Either I like it or I don't simple as that.

I was reading a blog http://www.stylestun.com/ this morning written by a friend I've known since she was young. She really is beautiful. Now to be honest I am not into fashion. I know what I like and I don't follow trends at all. I am tall and have rarely been able to purchase anything off the rack until about 15 years ago when they started selling tall clothes in more places. I still have never purchased a dress or skirt off the rack without having to alter them. It bites. I purchase shirts that are way too big just so they are long enough. Enough of my woes that isn't why I started this particular post.

I was wondering if people are born into fashion? I was thinking about it and either you are or you aren't into trends/fashion.

It got me thinking about my daughter. She is tall like me but unlike me she was born into a world that figured out some people are tall. By the time she was her full 6 foot height she was able to find clothes in the tall range.

Now this girl loves clothes. She has a knack for looking her best in anything she wears. For a time she worked at GAP and could totally help people find what they needed to look their best. Now she works in a bathing suit store and I'm positive her customers come away looking their best. I don't think it is my daughter's calling or anything I just believe she likes getting paid. Thus any job would be fine as long as she can have flexible hours and room for growth.

As I thought about my daughter's talent I thought back to her early years. As soon as she learned to dress herself she became a clothes diva. She would change up to a dozen times a day. by nightfall she would have a pile of clothes in her room that she wore for a minute or more but not for long. Then she went through the favorite outfit stage. She would have absolute favorites and wouldn't put on anything else if her favorite was clean. (Honestly I bet people thought I only had the one or two outfits they always saw her in.)

As she grew she would go back and forth from the this is my favorite to wearing everything as often as she could. By her teens she was a fashion star. She only got what she liked and only wore what she liked. I could never get her anything without her there partially because of her unique size but also because she had specific tastes in clothes. Apparently I had and still have no taste what-so-ever!

I just wonder if everyone who are that good with clothes are into clothes so young? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment