Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Inconsiderate Anybody

Blog post #339 of 365

I'm not a fan of inconsiderate people. I have been known to be a little inconsiderate from time to time but I am making a huge effort to avoid it because I know how much it bug me.

There are times when I sure people don't understand their actions or lack of actions are inconsiderate. I have no problem telling people when they are or avoiding them in the future. I appreciate when people tell me when they feel I am being inconsiderate. It actually bothers me to find out days or weeks later that I have offended someone.

I have always tried to look at everything from all of the angles. The bigger picture if you will. It helps me identify when and where I need to improve but sometimes I fail.

Our street has a bunch of inconsiderate people living on it. We have speeders. Small kids live on and visit this street. We have speed laws for a reason.We have gardeners that begin working at 7 am or earlier. Mowers and blowers are not the most pleasant of morning disturbances. We have dog walkers who don't pick up their poop. We have cat owners who don't pick up their poop either. (The cats love to hang out in my yard... why?)

Recently we have had a bunch of service people. Lots of maintenance and building going on. Our neighbors took down part of their roof and re-roofed last week. Holy cow they started at 6 am. really? I know it is hot but please refrain from all of that noise at such a tender hour. The same neighbor must have had a tree problem too because this week I woke up to chainsaws and wood chippers. That wasn't the really inconsiderate part. The worst part was the amount of space and mess they made.

They blocked much of the street and the driveways of the neighbor they were working for and the neighbor next door. It mad it very hard for me to get in and out of my own driveway. Was all of that mess necessary. Then when the truck got full they would take off to dump it while the rest of the crew played soccer and did absolutely nothing...  
\
 Granted it was just one day but really, why? I was not the only annoyed neighbor I can assure you.

They cleaned up most of the mess but left a load of logs on yet another neighbor's lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment