Saturday, October 26, 2013

How Big Your Brave Is!

Blog post #343 of 365

I was watching a video made by a couple of nurses in Minnesota of their patients and their caregivers set to Brave by Sara Barilles. I've seen it a few times now and it always makes me smile a little.

As I listened I began really thinking about the words. I watched and listened a few more times just to make sure I heard the words right. Then I thought about being brave. What is it to be brave? Then I listened again...

I am not one to hold back, especially if I see an injustice, but I know so many who seem afraid to peak out. The world isn't fair by a long shot but it is far worse when the deck is stacked against you. I stick up for people who haven't found their voice. I work to change things for the better whenever and wherever I can.

There are two parts that stick out in my mind. First "Say what you wanna say, and let the words fall out. I honestly wanna see you be brave." And second "Don't run, stop holding your tongue."

If you read the last two posts add this to the challenges. Speak up and get your brave on. Do what you can to make someone's day better. Even if the someone is you! Not with empty words but really sticking up for yourself and for those who haven't found their voice yet. Or for those who never will.

Show the world how big your brave is.

No comments:

Post a Comment