Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Funeral

Blog post #325 of 365

My ex father in law passed away. We have a weird family on that side. Nobody really communicates.

My sister in law was very close to her parents. (Mom passed away about 6 months ago.) For several years we lived out of state. When we returned we visited with the grandparents. My kids needed to know them. I don't think anyone knew but us. Well maybe us and anyone who looked at my FB photos.

It was a very one sided funeral. They raised three kids and have eight grandchildren and four great grandchildren (I think.) The funeral was literally geared and focused on the relationships of his daughter and her family only. Their son and his children were never mentioned in the services.

 Looking outside the chapel.

There was a lovely gathering post funeral. It was at my sister in law's home. The walls were filled with photos and mementos. It was beautiful for sure. The food was yummy. The conversations interesting. Catching up was nice.
 Family







It was a nice day when all was said and done.





No comments:

Post a Comment