Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween and Kids

Blog post #345 of 365

I hear Halloween is a pagan holiday. Well you know what I don't care either way. No, I really don't.

Halloween is a good day for me. It is a day I use remember people who have passed before me. People I know and loved who have departed this world and gone on to whatever lies ahead.

Halloween is also a good day for kids. No matter how old the kid may be. It is a day to dress up, pretend, and collect or give out candy. I tend to give it to my neighbors who come knocking on my door. I enjoy looking at the creative and not so creative costumes. Honestly I love the ones you know were thought out and made over, the store bought stuff.

Every year our church has a Halloween celebration. We have carving contests, costume contests, a chili cook off and people decorate their cars so the kids can trick or treat in the safety of friends.

This year I was invited to go Trick or Treating with my grandkids but I'm not sure I want to leave my house unattended on a night I know will make my dogs nuts. But the idea of hanging out with my grandkids does have its pull.


No comments:

Post a Comment