Sunday, September 8, 2013

Photos of Me

Blog post #295 of 365

A few years ago a dear friend passed away. Her husband was left to grieve and restart his life. During the roughest of times he went through things and reorganized. Through his work he and his wife had the chance to travel the world. They collected things along the way. With this grieving kind of reorganization comes many chances to reevaluate and do things differently. In his journey to reorganize he discovered how many wonderful memories he had through things and photographs in his home. What he found most disturbing was the lack of photos of his departed wife. She was the one behind the lens documenting everything. He was sad to look at all of these wonderful photos of places they had been but the majority were photos of places not people...

His journey upped my quest to continue photographically documenting our family. Thirty three years ago my mom remarried and one of the things they did was take photos of every adventure including whenever the family would get together. Years ago I took over the camera duties. I take better shots than mom.

For several years I have watched as my children and others I knew seemed to be able to take awesome slefies. (Photographs taken with cell phones and cameras without a photographer.) Honestly I never could. I tried but usually got half a head or worse. A few years ago I began trying in earnest to take more and maybe better selfies. I'm getting there. This last year I decided I would have someone, anyone take photos of me at family gatherings. The following three photos are take of me by someone else at my grandson's first birthday party. Unedited, untouched real life photos.

This first two were taken by Heather my daughter in law.
The adorable little person with me is my other one year old grandchild.
I thing they turned out great.
This last photo taken by my son Cody, just makes me giggle. I have nerve damage on my foot and have limited choices for footwear. My grandson just happened to be wearing blue CROCS too.

No comments:

Post a Comment