Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Frustrations With People

Blog post # 291 of 365

I don't post much on Facebook because my life is not for public scrutiny.  I believe everyone should be allowed to express political and religious opinions without judgement or anger but respected as their opinion and belief. People online just jump on each other. I don't believe everyone has to agree on anything opinion based. Politics is similar to the Bible. Meaning when different people read a passage they may and often will understand it differently than someone else. Much of this is usually based on their own experiences, perspective.

My sister is very well meaning. She feels like to be truly happy you need to be in a relationship/married. I haven't been married for about seventeen years and I'm good with being single. Okay I would enjoy getting married again but it isn't the end of the world if it never happens.

My well meaning sister signed me on to a Facebook group for single people of our faith in my age group and up. I was okay with it and to be completely honest never even really paid too much attention to the page/group. Lately I have looked at a post here and there that comes up on my feed. Most I have enjoyed reading. Some not so much.

Here is where my frustrations hit. People state an opinion and nearly every time some jerk needs to jump on what they said or what they perceived they said. This is a group of Christian people. I don't get it! Last I heard everyone has different lives, different opinions, different experiences and different perspectives of similar experiences. A religion based site should be a good place to express one's thoughts/opinions with a lot less judgement and a lot more compassion. I love the sharing of ideas. I love hearing expressions of experience but it isn't my or your place to attack your experience.

It isn't a dating site just a site like people in similar positions. Our religion puts a lot of emphasis on marriage and family. I love that. But for some this is a tender area and apparently they just can't be nice about it... Frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment