Friday, September 27, 2013

MRI and Other Tests

Blog post #314 of 365

Medical testing has come a long way. When I was a kid it was blood and x-ray.

When I had my kids we had to drink a ton of water to get the uterus to tip enough to see the baby and their growth.

When I was having gall bladder attacks all last year they did dozens of sonograms. Not one said my gall bladder was bad. Those tests were wrong. The labs post surgery proved them wrong.

When my daughter in law was expecting my grandson she invited me to go to a sonogram appointment. I saw my grandson move around. He waved. That test was cool.

MRI's are amazing. They let you look inside the body in a way an x-ray never could.

Today they found the infection in my moms foot is inside her bone. Not a good thing but the most amazing testing told us everything the doctors needed to know to decide a plan of action.

Next month I have a CT of my head. They will be able to give me more insight into my allergies. I'm not sure how that will work but it migh just give me answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment