Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hospitals

Blog post #309 of 365

I have been in and around hospitals my entire life.

My uncle was in a nursing home and my mom and I would visit. He had Down Syndrome and wasn't able to live on his own after my grandmother died. He was amazing since he was never expected to live. My grandmother taught him to swallow then to dress, feed himself and even a few words. Sadly that ended when he entered the hospital.

I have faced many surgeries and test through the years spending lots of time in hospitals.

Two of my sons and one of my daughters spent a a bit of time in hospitals. My daughter in the NICU at birth. My youngest son having surgery at six months and his older brother in and out for several years with breathing issues and asthma. I am grateful for the care they received.

My grandmother on my father's side and my father both passed away in hospitals. One very old and one not nearly old enough or maybe I was just too young.

My dad. The man who showed me what a dad is really like died in a nursing home. I am grateful my mom married him.

My children and grandchildren were all born in hospitals when I was there or nearly there. Such wonderful humans, every one.

Today my Mom was admitted into the hospital yet again. She had diabetes and an infection in her foot. She thinks she'll be home tomorrow. I think it will be a week or two. We shall see.

I have been to many hospitals through the years. For good reasons and not so good reasons. They freak me out but I'm glad they are there.

Thanks to every doctor and nurse who have cared for our family through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment