Monday, September 2, 2013

Chicken Again

Blog post #289 of 365

Mom was complaining about having 'Chicken again" so I decided to try something different.

I cut up a few boneless skinless chicken breasts into thin 1/2 inch strips and browned them in a pan.

While that cooked I made some Teriyaki sauce.
You'll need
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 inch of (micro) grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon powered onion
1 pinch garlic powder and black pepper to taste

Mix the honey and soy together in a pan until dissolved and add other ingredients. You can use powdered ginger if you don't have the good stuff.

I added a few carrots and poured the Sauce I made in the pan of chicken and cooked on low covered until the carrots were tender.

I cooked some noodles but you can use rice if you want.

I steamed a little broccoli.

I put the noodles in a bowl added a little broccoli and poured the chicken, carrots and sauce over the top. Yummy!

*Now this sauce can be used a number of ways like, letting it reduce and you have dipping sauce. Or cook your Ramen type noodles in this sauce instead of in water, omit the seasoning packet and add in some frozen peas and carrots.

*You can use fresh onions finely cut and crushed garlic as well.

It ended up being a quick and easy way to make chicken again more exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment