Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reconstruction

Blog post #96 of 365

Today I spent the day with my awesome great niece. She is seven and two years ago was bitten by a dog. Lets just say the road to healing has been long.

First day she had emergency surgery. About a 18 months ago she had reconstructive surgery. Today Dr. Kim went back one more time to lessen the redness, thin out the scar and reshape her face. She is the bravest little human. I am grateful the Lord has been so kind. Yup I think the Lord has had a hand in her recovery. I wish it had never happened but I am glad she has been able to have good people on her side.

Pre-surgery Harmony learned about heart monitors.

Anesthesiologist

One of many great nurses.

Dr. Kim after a littl pre-surgery medication

OR nurse

Even her bunny got a bandage.

Pain medication makes everything better.
Before surgery she was nervous but oh so brave. After surgery she has been even more brave and strong. I love this little inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment