Thursday, February 7, 2013

Birthdays

Blog post #84 of 365

This week I celebrate three important birthdays.

February sixth is my brother Ron's birthday. I didn't have the opportunity to grow up with him. He was adopted right after he was born but since our meeting and even before I take the opportunity to celebrate his birth and his life. He is a pretty great guy I have grown to love and respect.

February eighth is my youngest child's birthday. She is the child I hadn't planned on. It is a long story but the short of it is God wasn't done giving me kids and I wasn't aware of his plans until Katy was on her way. Best gift I never knew I wanted. She was a blessing to our family. The entertainer, the peacemaker, the one who always knew where you mislaid your book or where your other shoe was. A smile that would melt your heart and would do without to give you what she thought you needed. Like I said a great blessing!

February ninth is my brother David's birthday. I did grow up with him. The only one of five brothers I actually did grow up with. He was the one who tagged along, ruined my Barbie's hair (he wanted to play but never touched her body just dangled her by her hair), let me use him to practice putting on make up, let me be one of the boys, took the fall for stuff he didn't do and also took me down for stuff he did do. I wouldn't have traded him for the world.

This week is a big celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment